Mesa Construction Accident Attorney
Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction is a very important industry, but it is also, unfortunately, an industry where one can miss work due to injuries each year. If you or a loved one works in the construction industry or if you were injured as a bystander near a construction accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages.
Compassionate Legal Representation for Construction Accident Victims in Mesa
Luis P. Guerra, LLC, is an experienced Mesa personal injury attorney with many years of experience helping clients throughout Arizona navigate their civil cases. Our firm is dedicated to client recovery and streamlining case proceedings however we can. When you choose our team to represent you in a construction accident case, we are fully equipped to address the most complex aspects of your case and help you recover as wholly as state law allows.
Benefits of Hiring a Mesa Construction Accident Attorney
Recovery from a construction accident can be very difficult. When these accidents happen, they often cause devastating injuries. The Mesa, AZ victim of a construction accident may face a multifaceted and painful road to recovery, and trying to handle this situation while recovering from serious injuries would be extremely challenging. If you have a Mesa construction accident attorney on your case, you are likely to reach a favorable outcome and do so in a much shorter time than you likely expected.
Your legal counsel can handle all of the procedural aspects of your case so you can focus on your medical needs and your family. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, provides individualized legal representation for construction accident victims. This means we will develop a uniquely structured strategy for your case that seeks maximum compensation under Arizona law. In the event you are injured while working in construction, a workers’ compensation claim can provide some initial relief, but it is always best to have legal representation you trust assisting you with your claim.
Luis P. Guerra, LLC, can file your workers’ compensation claim if your construction accident occurred while you were performing your job duties. In the event you were harmed as a bystander and workers’ compensation isn’t available to you, our team can build an effective personal injury claim against the party responsible for your damages. Ultimately, whatever your case entails, we can provide the ongoing support and guidance you need to make good decisions during your recovery, and our team will work to enhance those recovery efforts however we can.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Arizona
Almost every employer in Arizona must have workers’ compensation insurance, and covered employees can file claims through their employers’ policies to secure benefits that help them recover from workplace accidents. If you work in construction and your injury occurred while you were performing your job duties, you are likely to qualify to file a workers’ compensation claim.
A successful workers’ compensation claim generally offers two forms of benefits to the claimant. First, the insurance company pays for all the medical care the claimant requires to heal from their injuries. Second, the claimant can receive ongoing disability benefits that help them manage their finances while they are unable to work during recovery. Some injured workers may qualify for extensive ongoing benefits, while others may qualify for partial disability benefits. In the event you can still work but cannot earn as much income because of your injury, partial disability benefits can help make up the difference.
Luis P. Guerra, LLC, can help a client file their workers’ compensation claim, reducing the chances of the insurance carrier pushing back against the claim unfairly or unethically. If any disputes arise regarding our client’s workers’ compensation claims, we can help them resolve these controversies efficiently. However, it is important to understand that a workers’ compensation claim may not cover all of the damage you suffered from your construction accident. Additionally, if you qualify to file a workers’ compensation claim, you may be unable to file a civil suit against your employer, but if a third party was the cause of your construction accident, you could file a personal injury claim against them that can recover your remaining damages that workers’ compensation can’t cover.
Filing a Mesa Construction Site Personal Injury Claim in Arizona
The basis of most personal injury cases filed in Arizona is “negligence,” a legal term used to describe a party’s failure to use reasonable care. Negligence also applies to any breach of a specific duty of care, such as a driver’s responsibility to refrain from driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. To succeed with a construction accident claim or any other type of personal injury action, the plaintiff must identify the responsible party for harming them and demonstrate that they were negligent or intentionally harmful in a manner directly resulting in their damages.
You must not only demonstrate that the defendant caused your damages but also prove the full scope of those damages. You must be prepared to establish causal links between your claimed losses and the defendant’s misconduct or negligence. In other words, you must be prepared to prove your losses could not have happened but for the defendant’s negligence.
Your Mesa construction accident attorney will be important for helping you construct the foundational elements of your case:
- Your attorney can gather physical evidence from the scene of your construction accident, statements from witnesses who saw the accident happen, and various records and other documentation that can prove the full scope of the harm you suffered.
- An experienced legal team can locate expert witnesses like medical professionals, engineers, and more to help support their client’s case. For example, an experienced physician can help explain the full breadth of the medical effects the accident has had on the plaintiff, substantiating their claim for compensation.
- Most personal injury cases end in private settlement negotiations, but there is always a chance for a civil claim to proceed to litigation when settlement isn’t possible. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, can provide the trial representation you need if you must take a defendant to court to hold them accountable for the construction accident they caused.
- Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state, so plaintiffs can recover compensation for losses even if they are partly responsible for those losses. However, the plaintiff loses a percentage of their final compensation equal to their percentage of fault for causing the injury in question. Your attorney can minimize any fault percentage assigned to you to preserve your compensation.
- Some construction accidents happen from negligence or misconduct of multiple parties, and others are the results of equipment malfunctions, defective products, and other issues that could complicate the victim’s recovery. If you have a Mesa construction accident attorney on your case, you will be far likelier to be able to address these complex challenges effectively.
Every construction accident victim has a unique story and different needs and concerns for their recovery. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, takes time to listen to the client’s story and help them develop an effective legal strategy for recovering as much compensation as the law allows. Our team has handled many types of construction accident claims on behalf of clients in the Mesa area, and we can leverage this experience in your construction accident case.
Common Causes of Mesa Personal Injury Construction Accidents
Construction is inherently dangerous for many reasons, and some of the most commonly reported injuries among workers in this field include:
- Falls. Construction workers must work on unfinished structures, use devices like ladders and scaffolds, and work in various situations that present significant fall risks. Construction falls are the top reported workplace injury in this industry, responsible for the majority of serious and fatal injuries and missed days of work each year.
- Equipment injuries. Those who work in construction typically use various types of heavy machinery and specialized tools that are easily capable of inflicting traumatic injuries. If your construction accident pertains to an equipment malfunction, the manufacturer could be held liable for your damages. If someone in your workplace negligently misused dangerous equipment and injured you, you could file a workers’ compensation claim and may have grounds for further recourse against the party who caused the injury.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Even when construction workers wear appropriate high-quality hard hats, they still face the risk of suffering a head injury from a variety of possible causes. Objects falling from great heights and other hazards may all result in traumatic brain injuries. These are very difficult to treat and often cause lasting harm to victims.
- Injuries and illness from exposure to toxic/corrosive substances. Construction workers must often use or work near dangerous chemicals. Cleaning agents, fuels, paints, solvents, and various other chemicals may cause not only serious injuries with physical contact but also injuries from inhalation and repeat exposure. It’s important to note that Arizona’s workers’ compensation laws apply to illnesses acquired at work in addition to injuries.
- Vehicle accidents. Construction often requires the use of specialized vehicles like forklifts, boom lifts, dump trucks, excavators, front-end loaders, and more. If an operator mishandles a construction vehicle or if a vehicle malfunctions, this could easily result in a devastating accident.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the various injuries that might occur in the construction field, and it’s vital to understand that passersby can suffer injuries from a construction accident along with workers in the industry. Whatever your situation may entail, it’s vital to seek legal representation you can trust from an experienced Mesa construction accident attorney as soon as possible to have the best chance of recovering as much as Arizona law allows.
Recovering Your Damages in a Personal Injury Case
State law permits a personal injury suit plaintiff to ask for recompense for all losses experienced through the defendant’s actions. If you have a Mesa construction accident lawyer handling your case, you can ask for compensation for all the losses you suffered. If you are able to file a workers’ compensation claim, you can secure an initial recovery, but a personal injury claim allows you to seek repayment of all the losses caused by the defendant.
When you choose Luis P. Guerra, LLC, to represent your construction accident case, we will carefully review the details of the accident and its effects on your life. The defendant who caused your injury through negligence or misconduct is responsible for repaying all medical expenses their actions caused you to incur. This includes medical expenses you experienced immediately following the construction accident, such as ambulance fees and hospital bills, and it also includes future medical expenses for managing symptoms and helping you reach maximum medical improvement.
If your accident caused you to miss time from work, workers’ compensation might offer some compensation in the form of temporary disability benefits. However, this is only available if your injury happened while you were working and will only cover a portion of your average weekly wages. Any outstanding lost income and/or lost earning capacity can be included as economic losses in your personal injury case.
State law allows the plaintiff to seek compensation for their pain and suffering as well. Arizona is one of few states that prohibits capping or limiting damages in a personal injury case. Your Mesa construction accident attorney can determine how much to seek based on the scope and severity of the harm they caused and the long-term damages you face. For many plaintiffs, the compensation for pain and suffering forms the largest part of their final case awards.
Find Your Legal Counsel Today
Time is an important consideration for filing a workers’ compensation claim and/or personal injury action in response to a construction accident in Mesa. You have a very limited time in which to start your workers’ compensation case, and you must also meet the statute of limitations if you intend to pursue a personal injury claim as well. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, is ready to provide the comprehensive and compassionate legal representation you need to approach your construction accident case with peace of mind. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with a Mesa construction accident lawyer who can guide you through your case with confidence.
Read What Clients Say About Us
Total rating 5★ Quality of Representation Excellent!!! These attorneys understand all that is required to achieve favorable results. Talking with Mr. Shapiro and Mr. Guerra is easy and comfortable. I highly recommend this law firm.
I was badly injured in an accident at work. I hired a well-known attorney to represent me, but it wasn’t till Luis Guerra and his firm joined my case that things actually began to take off. Luis Guerra took my case personally and fought hard for me like I was family. I truly believe that if it wasn’t for him I would not have received the settlement that I did! He is an aggressive and HONEST attorney who will fight for what is right. His entire firm is filled with love and compassion for the victims. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is injured, I would HIGHLY recommend Luis Guerra.
Not only did Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro meet their reputation but by far exceeded my expectations. They are diligent advocates for their clients, professional and extremely responsive to all inquiries. Most importantly, they had the expertise and genuine personal concern for my well-being that inspired confidence and ultimately resulted in an outstanding result. Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro are attorneys that are truly interested in the welfare of their clients. I highly recommend having their team on your side for any case.
Mr. Luis Guerra is one of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. Thank God there are still people like him in the world. He carefully explained the entire process to me so I was aware at all times what was going to happen next.
The quality of representation we received was of the highest anyone could expect. It was a privilege to work with Luis and his staff. I am extremely grateful that I chose you to be our attorney. I am relieved that this matter has been concluded. Thank You for representing us. God Bless You.
14631 N. Scottsdale Rd., #200,
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Request a Free Initial Consultation
The highlighted fields are required.
Start of the form