Phoenix Truck Accident Attorney
Truck Accidents Often Leaves Many Injured
Weighing close to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, big rigs are a common sight on Arizona’s roads and highways, hauling just about anything from freight and animals to produce, groceries and retail items. Sharing the road with such colossal vehicles can prove challenging. Sometimes, these rigs can cause a big accident that leads to serious or fatal injuries to other drivers.
If you or your family has been injured in a truck accident, there is a long recovery ahead. Recuperating from serious and catastrophic injuries such as paralysis, brain injury, broken bones and spinal cord injury remains a priority for you and your family. Unfortunately, while this is happening, the bills and medical costs pile up, and you are unable to work. Who do you turn to for help? An attorney who understands the workings of personal injury law. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, in Phoenix, has almost a quarter century of experience working with personal injury cases. We will represent you in the most challenging circumstances to create the best outcome for you and your family.
A Number Of Parties May Be Negligent In AZ Truck Accidents
A truck accident can happen for a number of reasons on Arizona roads. They may include speeding, fatigue, unbalanced load, a defective tire or equipment, or maintenance failure. This is why a number of different parties may be responsible for the accident. The negligence may be attributed to the:
- Truck driver. If the driver failed to uphold their professional responsibility to operate the vehicle safely, drove under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or failed to abide by applicable hours of service regulations, the driver could hold the bulk of the liability for a truck accident.
- Truck driving company. If the company responsible for the truck involved in the accident failed to provide the driver with adequate training, failed to verify the credentials of a new driver who caused the accident, or otherwise displayed negligence in their handling of the driver or care of the vehicle, the company will likely absorb some or all of the liability for the accident.
- Parts manufacturer. Product manufacturers must ensure the products they create are safe, effective, and capable of performing as advertised. If a parts manufacturer released a defective part found to have caused the truck accident, it is very likely the manufacturer would absorb liability for any damages caused by its defective products.
- Maintenance contractor. Many trucking companies contract vehicle maintenance through service providers. If one of these providers failed to perform required maintenance on a truck and the vehicle’s poor condition causes an accident, the maintenance contractor will very likely face liability for the resulting damages.
- Company that improperly loaded the truck. Large tractor-trailers must have carefully balanced cargo. If the weight of the vehicle’s load is too far forward or back, the weight of the vehicle can shift violently with speed changes and turns. If the cargo was loaded more to one side than the other, this can lead to rollover and tip-over accidents.
- Tire manufacturer. Truck tire manufacturers must conduct rigorous quality control testing to ensure the tires they produce function as advertised and handle the rigors of long-haul road trips safely. Should a defective truck tire cause an accident, the tire manufacturer will probably absorb liability for the resulting damages.
You deserve an understanding, experienced, aggressive, and confident lawyer who will get to the heart of your case. If a settlement is not going to happen, we are not afraid to go to trial.
Potential Damages for a Truck Accident Claim
Any vehicle accident can cause devastating injuries and significant economic damage, but accidents involving large tractor-trailers are among the most damaging due to their sheer size and weight. A truck accident also carries higher potential for turning into a multi-vehicle collision in which numerous nearby drivers sustain serious injuries.
If you or a loved one experience such an accident, a truck accident attorney can help you gather evidence to support a personal injury claim against the party responsible for the accident. The intention of any personal injury claim is to repair the plaintiff to the life they had before suffering injuries and economic losses due to another party’s negligence. Some of the potential damages recoverable from a successful personal injury lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses. Plaintiffs involved in a truck accident lawsuit may be entitled to compensation for hospital bills, ambulance fees, prescription medication costs, and any costs related to long-term treatment and rehabilitation of injuries sustained in the accident.
- Missed or lost income. A plaintiff’s injuries may make it impossible to work for several weeks or even longer, and the plaintiff seeks awards for income lost during that time due to inability to work. Should the plaintiff suffer permanently disabling injuries that prevent them from working at all in the future, their attorney can press the defendant for compensation for the plaintiff’s lost future earnings.
- Property damage. Any passenger vehicle involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer will very likely sustain massive damage. The plaintiff may be awarded financial compensation for costs related to the repair or replacement of a vehicle damaged or destroyed in a truck accident.
- Pain and suffering. The court recognizes that a plaintiff’s experience can cause lasting trauma. An attorney can argue for compensation for physical pain from injuries as well as emotional distress following a truck accident.
This is just a rough outline of the types of damages that typically appear in truck accident lawsuits. It’s up to the plaintiff’s attorney to prove the extent of the damages involved in a case and provide the court with appropriate evidence of these losses.
It is also worth mentioning that should the defendant in the truck accident case prove to have been acting with malicious intent, willful disregard for the safety of others, or operating their vehicle while under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol, the court may demand punitive damages from the defendant. As the name suggests, this type of award does not seek to compensate the plaintiff so much as it intends to punish the defendant, often with the intent of discouraging the same behavior from others.
If you or someone you know recently suffered injuries and other losses due to a truck accident, the right attorney is a crucial asset that can help you ensure the maximum recovery possible.
Contact Luis P. Guerra, LLC, A Law Firm Committed To You
You will face many challenges in overcoming serious injuries as the result of a trucking accident. Health and financial concerns are among the biggest. Our trusted and experienced law firm will provide you with the guidance you need. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 602-737-2567. Hablamos español.
Highly Rated In Reviews
Read What Clients Say About Us
Total rating 5★ Quality of Representation Excellent!!! These attorneys understand all that is required to achieve favorable results. Talking with Mr. Shapiro and Mr. Guerra is easy and comfortable. I highly recommend this law firm.
I was badly injured in an accident at work. I hired a well-known attorney to represent me, but it wasn’t till Luis Guerra and his firm joined my case that things actually began to take off. Luis Guerra took my case personally and fought hard for me like I was family. I truly believe that if it wasn’t for him I would not have received the settlement that I did! He is an aggressive and HONEST attorney who will fight for what is right. His entire firm is filled with love and compassion for the victims. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is injured, I would HIGHLY recommend Luis Guerra.
Not only did Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro meet their reputation but by far exceeded my expectations. They are diligent advocates for their clients, professional and extremely responsive to all inquiries. Most importantly, they had the expertise and genuine personal concern for my well-being that inspired confidence and ultimately resulted in an outstanding result. Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro are attorneys that are truly interested in the welfare of their clients. I highly recommend having their team on your side for any case.
Mr. Luis Guerra is one of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. Thank God there are still people like him in the world. He carefully explained the entire process to me so I was aware at all times what was going to happen next.
The quality of representation we received was of the highest anyone could expect. It was a privilege to work with Luis and his staff. I am extremely grateful that I chose you to be our attorney. I am relieved that this matter has been concluded. Thank You for representing us. God Bless You.