Phoenix, Arizona Truck Accident Attorneys
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ?
Weighing close to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, big rigs are a common sight on Arizona’s roads and highways, hauling just about anything from freight and animals to produce, groceries and retail items. Sharing the road with such colossal vehicles can prove challenging. Sometimes, these rigs can cause a big accident that leads to serious or fatal injuries to other drivers. That’s when partnering with a Phoenix truck accident attorney can be in your best interest.
If you or your family has been injured in a truck accident, there is a long recovery ahead. Recuperating from serious and catastrophic injuries such as paralysis, brain injury, broken bones and spinal cord injury remains a priority for you and your family. Unfortunately, while this is happening, the bills and medical costs pile up, and you are unable to work. Who do you turn to for help? An attorney who understands the workings of personal injury law. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, in Phoenix, has almost a quarter century of experience working with personal injury cases. We will represent you in the most challenging circumstances to create the best outcome for you and your family.
Types of Semi-Truck / Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Driver Negligence Claims
- Product Liability Lawsuit
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Causes of Truck Accidents
- Lack of Truck Maintenance
- Distracted Driving
- Oversized Loads
- Driver Fatigue
- Inexperienced Driver
- Impaired Driving
- Hazardous Weather Conditions
Who Is Held Liable After Trucking Accidents in Phoenix, AZ?
A truck accident can happen for a number of reasons on Arizona roads. They may include speeding, fatigue, unbalanced load, a defective tire or equipment, or maintenance failure. This is why a number of different parties may be responsible for the accident.
Trucking accidents negligence may be attributed to the:
- Truck driver. If the driver failed to uphold their professional responsibility to operate the vehicle safely, drove under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or failed to abide by applicable hours of service regulations, the driver could hold the bulk of the liability for a truck accident.
- Truck driving company. If the company responsible for the truck involved in the accident failed to provide the driver with adequate training, failed to verify the credentials of a new driver who caused the accident, or otherwise displayed negligence in their handling of the driver or care of the vehicle, the company will likely absorb some or all of the liability for the accident.
- Parts manufacturer. Product manufacturers must ensure the products they create are safe, effective, and capable of performing as advertised. If a parts manufacturer released a defective part found to have caused the truck accident, it is very likely the manufacturer would absorb liability for any damages caused by its defective products.
- Maintenance contractor. Many trucking companies contract vehicle maintenance through service providers. If one of these providers failed to perform required maintenance on a truck and the vehicle’s poor condition causes an accident, the maintenance contractor will very likely face liability for the resulting damages.
- Company that improperly loaded the truck. Large tractor-trailers must have carefully balanced cargo. If the weight of the vehicle’s load is too far forward or back, the weight of the vehicle can shift violently with speed changes and turns. If the cargo was loaded more to one side than the other, this can lead to rollover and tip-over accidents.
- Tire manufacturer. Truck tire manufacturers must conduct rigorous quality control testing to ensure the tires they produce function as advertised and handle the rigors of long-haul road trips safely. Should a defective truck tire cause an accident, the tire manufacturer will probably absorb liability for the resulting damages.
You deserve an understanding, experienced, aggressive, and confident lawyer who will get to the heart of your case. If a settlement is not going to happen, we are not afraid to go to trial.
How To Get Compensated For Damages After a Truck Accident in Phoenix, AZ?
Any vehicle accident can cause devastating injuries and significant economic damage, but accidents involving large tractor-trailers are among the most damaging due to their sheer size and weight. A truck accident also carries higher potential for turning into a multi-vehicle collision in which numerous nearby drivers sustain serious injuries.
If you or a loved one experience such an accident, a truck accident attorney can help you gather evidence to support a personal injury claim against the party responsible for the accident. The intention of any personal injury claim is to repair the plaintiff to the life they had before suffering injuries and economic losses due to another party’s negligence.
Potential recoverable damages from a successful truck accident injuries lawsuit:
- Medical expenses. Plaintiffs involved in a truck accident lawsuit may be entitled to compensation for hospital bills, ambulance fees, prescription medication costs, and any costs related to long-term treatment and rehabilitation of injuries sustained in the accident.
- Missed or lost income. A plaintiff’s injuries may make it impossible to work for several weeks or even longer, and the plaintiff seeks awards for income lost during that time due to inability to work. Should the plaintiff suffer permanently disabling injuries that prevent them from working at all in the future, their attorney can press the defendant for compensation for the plaintiff’s lost future earnings.
- Property damage. Any passenger vehicle involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer will very likely sustain massive damage. The plaintiff may be awarded financial compensation for costs related to the repair or replacement of a vehicle damaged or destroyed in a truck accident.
- Pain and suffering. The court recognizes that a plaintiff’s experience can cause lasting trauma. An attorney can argue for compensation for physical pain from injuries as well as emotional distress following a truck accident.
This is just a rough outline of the types of damages that typically appear in truck accident lawsuits. It’s up to the plaintiff’s attorney to prove the extent of the damages involved in a case and provide the court with appropriate evidence of these losses.
It is also worth mentioning that should the defendant in the truck accident case prove to have been acting with malicious intent, willful disregard for the safety of others, or operating their vehicle while under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol, the court may demand punitive damages from the defendant. As the name suggests, this type of award does not seek to compensate the plaintiff so much as it intends to punish the defendant, often with the intent of discouraging the same behavior from others.
If you or someone you know recently suffered injuries and other losses due to a truck accident, the right attorney is a crucial asset that can help you ensure the maximum recovery possible.
Trucking Accidents Vs. Car Accidents
Don’t Face Aggravation From Injuries Caused In A Truck Accident Alone
Not all motor vehicles are the same. Too often, people discuss truck accidents and passenger car accidents in the same breath. The differences, though, are quite magnified. A trucking accident has key differences with a car accident. The main one is that injuries caused by a trucking accident are often much more serious.
If you’re faced with long-term injuries due to a truck accident or dealing with an insurance company that may try to shirk its responsibilities in Arizona, we can advocate for you. In Phoenix, Luis P. Guerra is an aggressive attorney with almost a quarter century of experience working in personal injury. He can make a difference if you’ve been hurt in a truck accident. You don’t have to face this issue alone.
Differences Between Truck And Car Accidents
There are a number of key differences between truck accidents and car accidents. Here are a few:
- Catastrophic injuries: A big rig can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If your car is involved in an accident with a truck, your vehicle stands little chance. Serious injuries such as brain trauma, broken bones, paralysis or even death may result from a truck accident.
- Uncooperative insurance companies: Many insurers may be involved in a truck accident. This sometimes results in insurance companies attempting to minimize or deny claims.
- Financial liability due to many potential defendants: Truck accidents can be more complicated than a car accident due to the number of parties that can be liable. The list includes the truck driver, trucking company, truck manufacturer, manufacturer of parts or tires, firm that loaded the truck and company that serviced the vehicle.
- Investigations can be complicated: Investigation into a truck accident includes a thorough review of the records of the truck driver and truck driving company as well as the truck’s event data recorders. The truck, too, will need to be inspected for any equipment failure.
An injury stemming from an Arizona truck accident is a serious enough obstacle to overcome. But so is battling with an insurance company that may attempt to avoid paying the claims you deserve. In these situations, you need an advocate. We will be that advocate at Luis P. Guerra, LLC. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 602-381-8400.
Causes of Trucking Accidents in Arizona
Truck Drivers Must Be Safe And Cautious, Too
Big rigs are common on Arizona highways, hauling freight in every direction. They can weigh several tons and prove difficult to maneuver — two reasons why motorists must be on alert when sharing roads with them. But, sometimes, severe accidents involving these giant vehicles occur. And your motor vehicle stands little chance in an accident with a big rig. The result of a truck accident may be a serious injury or even death. Sometimes, a single truck accident can result in a number of individuals suffering severe injury.
You may not be able to afford to pay for the medical bills and other expenses you face due to your injuries. You need legal assistance to get the maximum compensation you deserve. Our aggressive and experienced legal team at Luis P. Guerra, LLC, in Phoenix, will be strong advocates for you. With almost a quarter century of experience as a personal injury attorney, Mr. Guerra will represent you and your family.
There Are Too Many Reasons Why Truck Driving Accidents Occur
Truck drivers may be at fault in a number of road accidents, but other parties may be at fault as well. Here are some factors that cause truck driving accidents:
- Speeding: Excessive speeds continue to be one of the most common factors in motor vehicle accidents. Truck drivers often are under pressure to deliver freight in a short period of time. To meet their deadlines, they may resort to speeding.
- Reckless driving: Driving too fast for conditions continues to be a common reason for truck accidents. Some truck drivers don’t play it safe and may not heed warnings of slick roads from rain, oil spills or snow.
- Fatigue and exhaustion: Many truck drivers are on roads for extended shifts at the behest of their employer.
- Alcohol and drug use: Because of the long hours alone on the road, truck drivers may turn to alcohol and legal and illegal drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamine and methamphetamine. The result may lead to serious road accidents.
- Improper or unbalanced loads: A simple shift while making a turn may cause a truck carrying an improper or unbalanced load to tip over and crash.
- Equipment failure: Faulty brakes and defective tires are a common reason cited by truck drivers involved in accidents. Other related reasons include lack of inspections and faulty maintenance of the big rig by the trucking company.
We will fight for you. If you’ve been injured by a truck or big rig or due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, we want to represent you. With Luis P. Guerra, LLC, you will get an experienced lawyer who is understanding and aggressive in representing you. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 602-381-8400.
Truck Driver Negligence in Phoenix, AZ
We Fight For The Results You Need When You Have Been Injured By A Negligent Truck Driver
Trucking companies sometimes push their limits, forcing drivers to work harder than they should, which can lead to accidents. While the truck driver may walk away unharmed in these situations, the driver and passengers in the smaller vehicle are more likely to sustain severe injuries or end up dead. If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, or if you have lost a family member in a truck crash, our Phoenix truck accident lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages and any other costs associated with the accident.
Luis P. Guerra Esq. has achieved substantial settlements in cases involving trucking accidents, including two settlements in excess of $15 million. We have the experience and the knowledge to pursue your case and see that justice is done for you and your family.
Phoenix Semi-Truck Attorneys Identifying The Causes Of Truck Driver Fatigue And Negligence: Putting Profit Over Safety
Truck drivers are subject to many rules and regulations both by their companies and by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Unfortunately, these rules are frequently violated in an effort to cut costs. Truck drivers may cause accidents by:
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Distracted driving
- Driving for too many hours without the required break
- Consuming alcohol
- Taking drugs
- Being generally overworked and poorly rested.
You Need The Same Dedicated Representation The Trucking Companies Have
Trucking companies almost always send a representative out to investigate the accident scene as soon as the truck driver reports the accident. This helps them mitigate the damage and makes it more difficult for you to make a claim against their insurance carrier. You need the same kind of diligent, aggressive and passionate representation on your side. Whether the truck driver caused an accident by texting or because of highway hypnosis, our lawyers know how to expose the truth and will leave no stone unturned in their efforts to do so.
We want you to talk to us about your accident caused by truck driver negligence without any concern about cost. Our Arizona personal injury lawyer representation is on a contingent basis: you are only responsible for legal fees if we are successful in recovering compensation for your losses. We serve clients throughout Arizona.
Call us at 602-381-8400 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Luis Guerra speaks English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
Get a Truck Accident Attorney in Phoenix, AZ for Best Case Results
You will face many challenges in overcoming serious injuries as the result of a trucking accident. Health and financial concerns are among the biggest. Our trusted and experienced law firm will provide you with the guidance you need. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 602-737-2567. Hablamos español.