Phoenix, Arizona Electric Bike Accident Attorneys
Electric Bike Accident Lawyers
Electric bikes are becoming increasingly common throughout the US. They’re an excellent option for any cyclist who wants to commute without breaking a sweat. These bikes have revolutionized the way people get around compared to previous traditional options. Though they operate differently than their predecessors, it does not mean there isn’t a chance for an accident.
In fact, with more people choosing to ride their electric bikes on sidewalks, trails, and other popular routes, there is an increased chance of an accident than before. Awareness of your surroundings is important for staying safe, but it isn’t always enough to avoid accidents. If you have been injured in an electric bicycle accident, speak to an electric bike accident attorney as soon as possible to understand and protect your rights.
Representing Phoenix Electric Bike Accident Incidents
At the personal injury law firm of Luis P. Guerra, we understand that electric bikes are a great mode of transportation. We want riders to feel safe and know their rights if they’re ever involved in an accident. Our Phoenix bicycle accident lawyers are masters at navigating the legal landscape for those injured in an electric bike accident, and we will work tirelessly to make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve under Arizona law.
If you have any questions about what to do following an electric bike accident or are interested in learning more about your legal rights as an electric bike owner, please do not hesitate to contact the electric bike accident attorneys of Luis P. Guerra, proud to represent Phoenix, Arizona.
Why Should I Hire an Electric Bike Accident Attorney in Phoenix?
It’s normal to wonder what value a Phoenix bicycle lawyer would provide or if representing yourself could be a more financially favorable option. While it’s true that you can represent yourself in court, the benefits of contacting an experienced electric bike accident attorney are numerous.
You want to make sure you receive all the compensation you deserve from the responsible party, and this is something that an experienced attorney can do for you. Individuals inexperienced with the law can find themselves disadvantaged, making costly mistakes that end up hurting their wallets more than the original cost of hiring an attorney.
In addition, hiring an attorney immediately after the accident ensures that all your pertinent data and information is preserved. Memories fade, and pieces of key evidence will disappear if you wait too long before contacting Phoenix personal injury attorneys. While the court may eventually hear your case, it likely will not be in your favor if you do not have all the pertinent evidence you need to prove your case.
With an experienced attorney on your side, you can rest assured knowing that all of your bases are covered and you’re in good hands. Your attorney will do a thorough job of examining your case and have the necessary experience to get you the compensation that you deserve.
What Parties Are Liable in an Electric Bike Accident?
Several parties could be liable in the event of an electric bike accident. When one of these parties is negligent and causes the accident, they can be held financially responsible under Arizona law. This means that you could receive compensation for the injuries and damages you incurred as a result of their actions.
Liable parties include:
- The electric bike rider: Electric bike owners may be held liable if they fail to follow the law or act with reasonable care for others.
- Other electric bike riders: If you were involved in an accident with another electric bike, the owner of that bike may be held liable due to their own negligence or failure to adhere to the law.
- Other vehicles: Electric bike accidents can involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles on the road. These drivers need to be aware of yielding the right of way to electric bikes and must remain cautious in their vehicle operation. If a driver causes an accident with an electric bike, they may be held accountable for any damage that occurs.
- Pedestrians: A pedestrian could be liable in the event of an electric bike accident. While uncommon, if a pedestrian’s behavior caused you to swerve or stop suddenly, they may be held liable for the resulting injuries.
- Electric bike manufacturers: Electric bike manufacturers could be held liable for producing a defective or unsafe product. If you believe the manufacturer designed a defective product, or your specific bike had a dangerous defect, they should be held accountable for the accident.
In most cases, the parties listed above may be held liable in an electric bike accident. However, other parties could be held accountable as well, depending on the circumstances and specifics of your case. This is why you should consult with a knowledgeable Phoenix electric bike accident attorney immediately after the accident to ensure that all angles of your case are considered and covered.
What Are Common Accident Scenarios on an Electric Bike?
Electric bike accidents are typically caused by one party failing to yield the right of way or to follow traffic laws, which results in a collision with another vehicle. These accidents come in a variety of forms such as collisions with cars, pedestrians, or other cyclists.
Other common scenarios include:
- Distracted driving: If a driver fails to pay attention to traffic or acts in an unsafe manner while behind the wheel, they are more likely to cause an accident. If a driver is distracted by their cell phone, for example, and ignores the road ahead of them, they are more likely to collide with an electric bike.
- Inattentive drivers: Drivers who are not mindful of the road ahead or who choose to drive while fatigued or otherwise impaired are more likely to collide with an electric bike. If a driver loses control of their vehicle and causes a collision with a rider, this is a serious motor vehicle accident and can result in significant injuries.
- Road hazards: Electric bikes are typically safe because they have a low center of gravity, are lightweight, and are balanced well. However, if the road has any dangerous obstacles or hazards, it is more likely that an electric bike accident could occur.
- Driving under the influence: If a driver chooses to operate their vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it becomes more difficult for them to control the vehicle and watch for road hazards while impaired. Drivers should never operate their vehicle under the influence, but if they do and an accident occurs with an individual riding an electric bike, it may be grounds for a personal injury claim.
- Insufficient visibility: If an electric bike is involved in an accident with another vehicle because the driver of that car or bike didn’t see them, it may be grounds for a personal injury claim. In some cases, if a driver’s negligence was the result of poor visibility or weather conditions, they may be held liable for the damages they cause.
- Federal regulations: Electric bikes are governed by federal regulations, which state that electric bicycles should have the same road rights as any other type of vehicle. While this is the law, it does not necessarily stop negligent drivers from operating their vehicles unsafely. If you are involved in an accident with a driver who acted negligently by violating federal regulations, you should be able to make a personal injury claim.
What Can I Be Compensated for in an Electric Bike Accident?
Damages for which you can be compensated in a personal injury claim depend on the specifics of your case. However, the following are common types of damages you may be eligible to receive if you are injured in an electric bike accident:
- Medical expenses: You should have medical expenses covered in an electric bike accident, even if your injuries are not severe. This includes hospital bills, medication costs, physical therapy sessions, and medical equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, etc.).
- Lost income: If you can no longer work because of the injuries sustained in an electric bike accident, your lost income should be covered. For example, if you were a stay-at-home parent and can no longer provide for your family due to your injuries, your losses should be covered in a personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries prevent you from living a normal life or cause you severe pain, your pain and suffering should be covered. This includes both physical pain and emotional suffering.
- Punitive damages: If another party acted negligently or recklessly, you may be eligible for punitive damages. These types of damages are not awarded in all cases, but they can be used to punish the party that acted negligently and to deter them from acting in a similar way again in the future.
- Property damage: If a negligent driver damages your vehicle or other personal property, it should be covered in a personal injury claim. This likely will include your electric bike and other accessories that you may have had on hand during the accident.
There are multiple important factors that combine to build a strong personal injury claim, with numerous areas where the negligence of others could be grounds for compensation. Working with a Phoenix electric bike accident attorney will help explore every possible area and ensure that no compensation possibilities are left unexplored, ultimately maximizing the compensation.
What Are Some Common Injuries Sustained in Electric Bike Accidents?
Unfortunately, there are several injuries that could result from an electric bike accident. The most common types of injuries include:
- Bruising and lacerations: Bruises all along the arms, legs, and torso are common if the bike operator is thrown from their bike. Lacerations are likely if the rider slams into a hard surface, such as pavement or asphalt.
- Concussions and other head-related injuries: Electric bike riders are at risk of suffering concussions or other head injuries; these risks become greater and the injuries more severe as the rates of speed increase. Riders may also experience memory loss, dizziness, and nausea in addition to concussions and other head injuries.
- Neck and back injuries: If the rider was thrown from their bike, the risk of neck and back injuries increases. These types of injuries are common in e-bike accidents because they can reach speeds up to 45 mph.
- Internal organ damage: Even if a rider does not suffer a head injury or fracture any bones, they could experience internal organ damage from the force of the impact.
- Broken bones: If your electric bike crashes into another vehicle, you are likely at risk of suffering a broken bone. If you are in an accident and are thrown from your bike, for example, it is possible to suffer a fractured or broken leg bone.
It’s also important to know the mental health effects of a serious accident on a victim. Many electric bike accidents leave the rider with lasting effects from the time of the incident onward, including:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Inability to sleep
These mental health effects can be difficult to live with and alter the course of the injured party’s life. Whether it’s physical or mental consequences, a Phoenix bicycle accident attorney can be your most valuable asset in building a strong case to ensure you are compensated for your injuries.
Contact Luis P. Guerra for Electric Bike Accident Justice in Phoenix
If you suffered injuries in an electric bike accident, Luis P. Guerra, Attorney at Law is here to help. Passion, dedication, and honesty are the core values at our law firm and instruct everything we do for our clients. We will prioritize your needs and work hard to secure the best possible outcome in your case today.
The world of electric bicycles is exciting and growing, and we hope to keep it that way with trusted legal representation to ensure that anytime an accident occurs, justice will be served. Please contact us immediately to begin the road to recovery and for a safe return to your electric bicycle.
Read What Clients Say About Us
Total rating 5★ Quality of Representation Excellent!!! These attorneys understand all that is required to achieve favorable results. Talking with Mr. Shapiro and Mr. Guerra is easy and comfortable. I highly recommend this law firm.
I was badly injured in an accident at work. I hired a well-known attorney to represent me, but it wasn’t till Luis Guerra and his firm joined my case that things actually began to take off. Luis Guerra took my case personally and fought hard for me like I was family. I truly believe that if it wasn’t for him I would not have received the settlement that I did! He is an aggressive and HONEST attorney who will fight for what is right. His entire firm is filled with love and compassion for the victims. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is injured, I would HIGHLY recommend Luis Guerra.
Not only did Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro meet their reputation but by far exceeded my expectations. They are diligent advocates for their clients, professional and extremely responsive to all inquiries. Most importantly, they had the expertise and genuine personal concern for my well-being that inspired confidence and ultimately resulted in an outstanding result. Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro are attorneys that are truly interested in the welfare of their clients. I highly recommend having their team on your side for any case.
Mr. Luis Guerra is one of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. Thank God there are still people like him in the world. He carefully explained the entire process to me so I was aware at all times what was going to happen next.
The quality of representation we received was of the highest anyone could expect. It was a privilege to work with Luis and his staff. I am extremely grateful that I chose you to be our attorney. I am relieved that this matter has been concluded. Thank You for representing us. God Bless You.
14631 N. Scottsdale Rd., #200,
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Request a Free Initial Consultation
The highlighted fields are required.
Start of the form