A catastrophic injury can happen anyplace and anytime. Unexpectedly, your life and the life of your family members change forever. You may find yourself with a severe brain injury, paralysis, limb loss, severe burns, catastrophic fractures or organ loss, or other life-altering injuries. Such an injury may result from everyday occurrences at home or work, during sporting or recreational activities, while driving a motor vehicle or traveling in a plane, or during medical procedures.
The medical costs related to a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming, too. For example, you will need care, treatment, equipment and medications, which all add up even if insurance covers some of it. You and your family may have to turn to a counselor to address the impact of the accident as well as the pain and suffering you have experienced. Your income may be affected, too. You likely won’t be able to work for several months or, depending on the injury, ever again.
It’s times like these that you will need an understanding, dedicated and aggressive attorney. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, in Phoenix is the law firm that can assist. We have more than 20 years’ experience in personal injury law. We will do our best to represent you and get the results that you deserve.
There are a number of catastrophic injuries, and the list includes:
- Traumatic brain injury: This can affect memory, thought process, emotions, personality and speech.
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis: You may have to relearn how to walk or be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life if you suffer paraplegia or quadriplegia injuries. Your home may need to be modified to accommodate the changes.
- Limb loss: Motor vehicle or other accidents may result in the amputation of limbs.
- Severe burns: Such injuries can lead to disfigurement, painful skin grafts and months of treatment.
- Severe internal injuries: Internal bleeding can be life-threatening with injuries that may lead to a ruptured spleen, liver or bowels.
In addition, we represent families in wrongful death claims.
The effects of a catastrophic injury aren’t easy to live with for you and your family. The life-altering changes, pain and suffering that you have experienced will be lifelong. You and your family may feel overwhelmed with the life changes as well as the costs related to them. You shouldn’t have to suffer this alone. In Arizona, you can rely on Luis P. Guerra, an experienced lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience in personal injury. To schedule a free consultation, contact us at 602-381-8400. Hablamos español.