Scottsdale Burn Injury Attorney
Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are some of the most painful and damaging injuries anyone can suffer in Scottsdale, AZ. These injuries can happen in various ways, from cooking accidents in the home to car accidents and even explosions and industrial fires. If you recently suffered any type of burn due to another party’s actions, it is crucial to know how you can hold them accountable and secure compensation for your damages.
Compassionate Legal Counsel for Burn Injury Claims in Scottsdale, AZ
A Scottsdale burn injury attorney is an invaluable asset in this situation. The right legal team can help determine fault for your injuries and hold the appropriate party or parties accountable for the damages you suffered. Time is a crucial consideration for anyone who intends to file any type of personal injury claim in Scottsdale, and connecting with the right attorney as soon as possible in this situation dramatically improves your chances of maximizing your recovery.
Luis P. Guerra, LLC, can give you the compassionate and responsive legal counsel you should have in this situation. Our firm has years of professional experience with all types of personal injury claims in Scottsdale, including those involving catastrophic burn injuries. Whatever your situation demands, you can rest assured that our team can offer you the support and reassurance needed to reach the optimal outcome for your impending case.
What Are the Different Types of Burn Injuries?
Burns can happen from many different causes, and there are four main categories of types of burns:
- Thermal burns. This type of burn occurs from contact with hot substances or surfaces. For example, touching a hot pan on a stove can cause a thermal burn. These burns range in severity along the degree scale, with first-degree burns being the least severe and third-degree burns being the most severe.
- Chemical burns. These burns occur from contact with corrosive and caustic substances. Certain chemicals are not only capable of causing severe damage to the skin but also illness. The severity of a chemical burn typically depends on the chemical in question, the location of the burn on the victim’s body, and the degree of exposure.
- Electrical burns. Direct contact with high-voltage electrical currents can cause severe burn injuries and a host of other medical complications. For example, electrocution may not only burn the victim at the point of contact but also cause cardiovascular disruption.
- Radiation burns. Exposure to certain types and intensities of radiation has the potential to cause severe burning and illness. Sunburn is the most often seen form of radiation burn, and this type of injury can also occur during radiation treatment for cancer.
When a burn falls on the degree scale, the degree of the victim’s burn dictates the severity of their injury and the scope of medical care they will require to fully recover. A first-degree burn may be treatable with over-the-counter first aid supplies, but if it covers more than 10% of the surface area of the body, the victim needs professional medical attention. Second-degree burns are more damaging and more likely to result in scarring and usually require immediate medical care. A third-degree burn will result in the destruction of the skin and is a medical emergency.
Burns are not only incredibly painful but also have a high chance of causing scarring and long-term medical complications. For example, if a person suffers a severe burn on a joint, such as their knee or elbow, the scar tissue that forms can make it incredibly uncomfortable or painful to move the affected joint. Scars from burns can also be disfiguring, resulting in psychological trauma to the victim in addition to other medical complications. Ultimately, any burn has the potential to be a life-changing injury.
Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Burn Injury in Scottsdale?
If you recently ended up with a burn injury because of another party’s actions, Arizona law dictates that you can file a civil claim and pursue compensation for all associated damages. The purpose of a personal injury claim is for the victim to recover the financial compensation needed to become as whole as possible again after suffering an injury. A Scottsdale burn injury attorney can help prove fault for your recent burn injury and calculate the total amount of damages you can seek from the at-fault party.
Most personal injury claims arise from acts of negligence in a certain situation. Proving negligence requires gathering evidence that the defendant responsible for a personal injury held some duty of care, did not fulfill that duty of care somehow, and consequently caused the victim’s damages. They must then prove the scope of damages resulting from the incident in question.
It is also possible for a burn or other personal injury to occur from an act of willful misconduct. If you were harmed by another party’s illegal misbehavior, they are likely to face criminal charges from the state alongside your civil suit. The illegal nature of their actions can influence your recovery efforts. For example, the judge handling their sentencing in a criminal trial may include restitution to you as part of their sentence.
Your Scottsdale burn injury attorney can help identify the party or parties responsible for causing your burn injury. Once you have identified the at-fault party, you can proceed with calculating the total amount of damages to include in your civil suit. When you have experienced legal counsel on your side, you are more likely to uncover every available channel of recovery in your claim.
Claiming Compensation for Your Burn Injury in Scottsdale
Under state law, the defendant who injured you is liable for any and all economic losses you suffered from their actions. Your Scottsdale burn injury attorney can potentially help recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses. Burn injuries often require extensive medical treatment. The defendant who caused your burn injury is liable for the immediate and future medical expenses you face for recovering from your injury. Your attorney can help calculate the scope of medical treatment your condition is likely to require, including any costs associated with necessary rehabilitative treatment and restorative surgeries.
- Lost income. Your burn injury could leave you unable to work for an extended time. If this happens to you, you can hold the defendant accountable for the income you are unable to earn because of their actions. This includes the value of vacation time or paid time off you were forced to use after your injury.
- Lost future income. Unfortunately, some burns are so severely damaging that victims cannot return to work in the future. Whether you are unable to resume your previous job and must take lower-paying work or you are unable to work at all, your Scottsdale burn injury attorney can help hold the defendant accountable for any lost future earning capacity resulting from their actions.
- Property damage. If the defendant who caused your burn injury also damaged or destroyed your personal property with their actions, you can include these losses in your personal injury claim.
Aside from these economic losses, you also can claim pain and suffering compensation in your personal injury case. Arizona law does not place a limit on the amount you can claim, and your attorney can help determine a suitable figure based on the severity of your experience. Physical pain and psychological distress from a burn injury can be severe, so it’s possible for your pain and suffering compensation to overshadow the total of your economic losses. A good attorney is an ideal asset to have on your side for maximizing this aspect of your recovery.
What to Expect From Your Scottsdale Burn Injury Attorney
When you have legal counsel you can trust to assist you, it is much easier to approach any personal injury case with confidence. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, can work closely with you to gather whatever evidence you need to prove fault for your injury. After we have helped you identify the party or parties responsible for your damages, our goal is to help secure the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries. We have a strong professional record of successful cases behind us, thanks to our commitment to helping our clients recover as fully as possible.
Most personal injury claims filed end in private settlement negotiations, but if for any reason we cannot settle your case, we are fully prepared to represent you in court. Our team has years of experience guiding clients through challenging personal injury cases, and we are ready to leverage this experience on your behalf in your impending personal injury case. Additionally, we operate on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay legal fees once we win your case, and your fee is a percentage of the total amount recovered.
Time is a vital consideration for anyone who intends to file a personal injury claim. There is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims in the state, but it is always advisable to start the claim filing process as soon as possible to increase your chances of success. Luis P. Guerra, LLC, is ready to provide the comprehensive legal counsel you need for your case, so contact us today and schedule your consultation with a Scottsdale burn injury attorney you can trust.
Read What Clients Say About Us
Total rating 5★ Quality of Representation Excellent!!! These attorneys understand all that is required to achieve favorable results. Talking with Mr. Shapiro and Mr. Guerra is easy and comfortable. I highly recommend this law firm.
I was badly injured in an accident at work. I hired a well-known attorney to represent me, but it wasn’t till Luis Guerra and his firm joined my case that things actually began to take off. Luis Guerra took my case personally and fought hard for me like I was family. I truly believe that if it wasn’t for him I would not have received the settlement that I did! He is an aggressive and HONEST attorney who will fight for what is right. His entire firm is filled with love and compassion for the victims. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is injured, I would HIGHLY recommend Luis Guerra.
Not only did Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro meet their reputation but by far exceeded my expectations. They are diligent advocates for their clients, professional and extremely responsive to all inquiries. Most importantly, they had the expertise and genuine personal concern for my well-being that inspired confidence and ultimately resulted in an outstanding result. Mr. Guerra and Mr. Shapiro are attorneys that are truly interested in the welfare of their clients. I highly recommend having their team on your side for any case.
Mr. Luis Guerra is one of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. Thank God there are still people like him in the world. He carefully explained the entire process to me so I was aware at all times what was going to happen next.
The quality of representation we received was of the highest anyone could expect. It was a privilege to work with Luis and his staff. I am extremely grateful that I chose you to be our attorney. I am relieved that this matter has been concluded. Thank You for representing us. God Bless You.
14631 N. Scottsdale Rd., #200,
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Request a Free Initial Consultation
The highlighted fields are required.
Start of the form